I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Really good and different! The salad dressing is fabulous. You might want to make that on your own for other salads as well.
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to broil or preheat a grill for medium-high heat. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Broil or grill steaks for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon for dressing; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide greens, tomatoes, and shallots among 4 plates. Cut warm, unpeeled potatoes into quarters; slice steak into 1/4 inch thick strips. Top salad greens with steak and potatoes; drizzle dressing over salads. Serve warm.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.
Lynn Larson - www.learntostampandscrap.com